Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ultra Training: Feb 20-26

Totals:

Miles: 82 mi
Vertical: 8,950'
Notes: I started a FAQ section for questions related to endurance nutrition. When I receive questions about fueling, recovery, or vegan-related stuff, I'll answer publicly on that page. I placed a link on the right side of the page, as well. Forward any other questions about endurance nutrition to garmstro@me.com

Meet my training partner , Mark Larson Aka "Ninja Hambre"

Mon: 28 mi; 3,600' vert; Superior to Chataqua via Mesa Trail, Green Mountain, and back; Ran w/Mark, Jeremy, Sean, and Laura. The weather was pretty chilly and windy but improved over the run. We had sunshine and cool winds on Green Summit. Most of the trails were still runnable without spikes, but it's moving toward being icy. We brought the video cam and spliced this together:



Tues: 8 mi; Dry Creek Trail; Easy 8 on icy flat trail. Kinda crappy weather...gray skies, etc.

Wed: 13 mi; Mesa Trail; Ran w/Mark...extremely strong wind. We got blasted by a wind gust that was easily 80 mph+. 90 mph wind gusts were recorded in Boulder the same day. Mark and I instinctively hit the ground when the wind hit....sand, pebbles, and dirt hit us. I peeked up from the fetal position to make sure a tree wasn't falling on us.  We called it a day after that.....


Getting vertical on Malory Cave Trail

Ninja Hambre ponders


Thurs: 10 mi; Treadmill; I know, I know... but the wind continued outside and I just didn't feel like doing it for a second day in a row.


Fri: 10 mi; Urban Loop; Ran w/Super Val through Broomfield, CO. It was a nice, relaxing run.


Urban Trails are still pretty epic in Colorado

Sat:
AM: 5 mi; Dry Creek; Flat and easy

PM; 8.5 mi; 2,000' vert; El Dorado Canyon Anti-Gravity Mountain Repeats; Met up with Mark to run big hill repeats until somebody quit. I think he tore his groin....neither quit, but we both went home trashed.





Sun: Slept in! RAW Food day......life is good.

An oldie, but a goodie!
“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
 -Dr. Seuss 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments to Rise Over Run...I read all the comments and appreciate your time in sharing your thoughts. Run long, eat plants........Jerry