Saturday, May 12, 2012

Altitude Training: Hypoxico Altitude Systems

I've been doing a lot of writing for TrailandUltrarunning. As a result, some of my effort to upkeep my personal blog have gone by the wayside! This is not my intention! So, I'll share some of the epicness that has been coming my way as of late...

I'm training for Leadville 100 with some of the most advanced technology in the world. In addition to running like a madman, I am also sleeping in a Hypoxico Altiude Tent. The company, "Hypoxico" has extended a limited sponsorship through August (Leadville 100) and, in exchange, I am sharing my experience at Trail and Ultra. This was my introduction post on the series I will be posting:

"Sleeping at 15,000ft: Hypoxico Altitude Training: Part 1"

In preparation of the San Diego 100, which is only 1 month out...I have been doing a hell-week of sorts, which I called "Vegan Ninja Death Camp". I did a video blog and shared my experience of running 150 miles in 7 days with about 20,000ft of vertical gain. It was an epic week...the highlight was a 53 mile run from Boulder to Nederland, CO and back with my buddy Mark. All the footage and story can be found here:

Vegan Ninja Death Camp

Lastly, I've been working hard for Trail and Ultrarunning...today, I ran "Fear the Deer 1/2 Marathon", Colorado's "Toughest Half Marathon". I finished in 3rd overall, not to shabby for a 100 mile runner! I covered the race in tandem with Lara Robinson, who is also a writer for the site. Here is our race report and video....we had a great time putting this one together!

Fear the Deer!

And lastly, as if that wasn't enough to read....this was an interview piece on me by "Trails Roc", a New York based trail running group: TrailsRoc: Running Spotlight: Jerry Armstrong

Run long, eat plants!

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments to Rise Over Run...I read all the comments and appreciate your time in sharing your thoughts. Run long, eat plants........Jerry